ah yeah basically & plus i just dont do edits like the good ol’ days so i dont know why im here to just reblog the occasional matty b and like puppy in a field or something
also not gonna lie but tumblr can be so so so so so obnoxious and ridiculous and kind of poisonous really thats dramatic wow but yeah so
ok this website has been sort of rewarding in some ways over the past few years but tbh im really close to deleting
so if my blog is gone soon like au revoir friends it’s been fun
Over The Hills And Far Away || Led Zeppelin
- This evolved from the Yardbirds song “White Summer,” an acoustic solo by Jimmy Page. Many of the same riffs and chords are in it. After The Yardbirds broke up, Led Zeppelin continued to play “White Summer” live.
- This was one of the few Led Zeppelin songs released as a single in the US.
- The music was inspired by Jimmy Page’s Celtic ancestry.
- This began as an instrumental. Robert Plant came up with backing tracks and then lyrics.
- Plant’s lyrics were inspired by the J.R.R. Tolkien book The Hobbit, and to Tolkein’s 1915 poem of the same name. “Over The Hills And Far Away” describes the adventure the Hobbits embark on.
- Page and Plant started writing this in 1970 at Bron-yr-Aur, the cottage in Wales they went to after a grueling US tour. It had no electricity or running water.
- If you listen closely, you can hear an acoustic guitar playing throughout the song.